Insurance Issues Arising from Coronavirus
In response to concerns arising from the spread of COVID-19 Laura A. Foggan of Crowell & Moring and Lorelie S. Masters of Hunton Andrews Kurth have teamed up with ALI CLE to offer the course “Insurance Issues Arising from Coronavirus: Business Interruption and Other Possible Claims.” Ms. Foggan and Ms. Masters served as Liaison and Adviser, respectively, on ALI’s Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance.
The course offers guidance to corporations and their insurers on which insurance policies may apply, and what insurance coverage issues are likely to arise if claims are made. They also discuss some of the basic coverage implications, so that insurers and their policyholders can understand the exposures and issues likely to arise.
Topics of discussion include:
- Analysis of exposures for insurers and of business sectors likely to suffer the big losses and why
- Property, first party policies and contingent business interruption coverage: To what extent is property coverage designed to cover coronavirus losses? Can these policies mitigate direct business losses?
- How will carriers respond to claims and what will be the impact on the carrier industry
- Financial disclosure obligations, security lawsuits, and D&O policy considerations
- Do insurers face possible exposures under other coverage lines such as CGL, E&O, etc.
- Enterprise risk management and other coverage portfolio considerations to consider before your next client crisis
In follow up to its March 25 sold-out audiocast, this CLE program will be rebroadcast on March 30.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
Nonmembers should visit ALI CLE for more information and to register.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20