Insurance Issues Arising from Coronavirus
In response to concerns arising from the spread of Covid-19 Laura A. Foggan of Crowell & Moring and Lorelie S. Masters of Hunton Andrews Kurth have teamed up with ALI CLE to offer the course “Insurance Issues Arising from Coronavirus: Business Interruption and Other Possible Claims.” Ms. Foggan and Ms. Masters served as Liaison and Adviser, respectively, on ALI’s Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance.
The course offers guidance to corporations and their insurers on which insurance policies may apply, and what insurance coverage issues are likely to arise if claims are made. They also discuss some of the basic coverage implications, so that insurers and their policyholders can understand the exposures and issues likely to arise.
Topics of discussion include:
- Analysis of exposures for insurers and of business sectors likely to suffer the big losses and why
- Property, first party policies and contingent business interruption coverage: To what extent is property coverage designed to cover coronavirus losses? Can these policies mitigate direct business losses?
- How will carriers respond to claims and what will be the impact on the carrier industry
- Financial disclosure obligations, security lawsuits, and D&O policy considerations
- Do insurers face possible exposures under other coverage lines such as CGL, E&O, etc.
- Enterprise risk management and other coverage portfolio considerations to consider before your next client crisis
In follow up to its March 25 sold-out audiocast, this CLE program will be rebroadcast on March 30.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
Nonmembers should visit ALI CLE for more information and to register.
- What responsibilities does an absentee-ballot-counting board have? Section 110 of ALI’s Election Administration Pri… https://t.co/VozsotsyE1@AmLawInstApr 1
- In this video Principles for a Data Economy Reporter Christianne C. Wendehorst and project Chairs Steven O. Weise… https://t.co/jTLFO9PEBN@AmLawInstApr 1
- In response to the growing legal needs as a result of COVID-19 @ABAesq has created a nationwide task force of volun… https://t.co/tZ42R6rNRB@AmLawInstApr 1
- Now Available – Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, covers four principal areas of to… https://t.co/WniUKBI6co@AmLawInstMar 31
- Part I of ALI’s Principles of Election Administration provides principles for use by jurisdictions that wish to use… https://t.co/FRrmcogQjY@AmLawInstMar 31