Lawrence Fox to Receive the 2021 ABA Medal
Lawrence J. Fox of Schoeman Updike Kaufman & Gerber LLP is the 2021 recipient of the ABA Medal. The medal recognizes exceptionally distinguished service by a lawyer to American jurisprudence and is only given in years when the ABA Board of Governors determines a nominee has provided extraordinary service to the legal profession. Fox will receive the award on August 4.
“Larry Fox has distinguished himself as one of the giants of the legal profession,” ABA President Patricia Lee Refo said in the announcement. “In addition to his decades of service to the American Bar Association, Larry has been a leading voice on legal ethics and professional responsibility, has taught and mentored countless law students, and consistently done impactful pro bono work, particularly in the area of death-penalty representation. In more than a half century of legal work, Larry has exemplified the highest standards and ideals of the legal profession.”
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24