In Memoriam: Joel Reidenberg
Joel Reidenberg of Fordham Law passed away on away from leukemia on April 21. He was 59.
Professor Reidenberg was the Stanley D. and Nikki Waxberg Chair in Law at Fordham Law and taught courses in information technology law, privacy, cybersecurity and intellectual property. He founded the law school’s Center on Information Law and Policy and was the inaugural Microsoft Visiting Professor of Information Technology Policy at Princeton University.
After joining ALI in 2014, Professor Reidenberg served as Adviser to Principles of Law, Data Privacy. He previously served as an expert adviser to the U.S. Congress, the Federal Trade Commission, the European Commission, and the World Intellectual Property Organization. Prior to his academic career, he was an associate at Debevoise & Plimpton.
Professor Reidenberg will be remembered for his efforts and leadership in the field of information technology law and privacy, his dedicated teaching career, his energy, and intelligence.
Read a tribute from Fordham University here.
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20