In Memoriam: Joel Reidenberg
Joel Reidenberg of Fordham Law passed away on away from leukemia on April 21. He was 59.
Professor Reidenberg was the Stanley D. and Nikki Waxberg Chair in Law at Fordham Law and taught courses in information technology law, privacy, cybersecurity and intellectual property. He founded the law school’s Center on Information Law and Policy and was the inaugural Microsoft Visiting Professor of Information Technology Policy at Princeton University.
After joining ALI in 2014, Professor Reidenberg served as Adviser to Principles of Law, Data Privacy. He previously served as an expert adviser to the U.S. Congress, the Federal Trade Commission, the European Commission, and the World Intellectual Property Organization. Prior to his academic career, he was an associate at Debevoise & Plimpton.
Professor Reidenberg will be remembered for his efforts and leadership in the field of information technology law and privacy, his dedicated teaching career, his energy, and intelligence.
Read a tribute from Fordham University here.
- WATCH LIVE: @ConstitutionCtr's 2020 #SCOTUS review, featuring ALI members Erwin Chemerinsky @BerkeleyLaw, Paul Clem… https://t.co/Jm3evD3L4y@AmLawInstAug 4
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30