In Memoriam: Kenneth Bialkin
Kenneth J. Bialkin passed away on August 23. He was 89.
An ALI member since 1984, Mr. Bialkin served as an Adviser on the Federal Securities Code and Principles of Corporate Governance projects. He graduated from the University of Michigan in 1950 with a degree in economics, and then earned a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1953. His law practice encompassed a broad range of corporate and securities law matters. He was a partner in the law firm of Willkie Farr & Gallagher before joining Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
Mr. Bialkin was recognized as “a trailblazer and giant among leaders of the American Jewish community; a phenomenal legal mind who served as a longtime senior partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher and Flom; and a kind, compassionate, and generous man.”
Read his obit from The Jewish Voicehere.
- Latest bobblehead from The Green Bag ( @GB2d) honors ALI Council member, politician, and prominent civil rights atto… https://t.co/qKuQhcJRnV@AmLawInstSep 14
- Project meeting discussion continues on Integrity of the Process: Confidentiality, Disclosure, Retaliation. Listen… https://t.co/1FNxshx1Ao@AmLawInstSep 13
- Live from today’s Principles project meeting – Participants, with Reporters Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Suzanne… https://t.co/ajouP8fGc2@AmLawInstSep 13
- Pennsylvania’s highest court grapples with the difficult question currently facing many other courts around the cou… https://t.co/36jyRKvN9L@AmLawInstSep 13
- #TBT to our @ALI_CLE program at our #ALI96 Annual Meeting “Duty to Whom? Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Gov. Lawyers… https://t.co/xDPFBXXLNE@AmLawInstSep 12