In Memoriam: Lynne Z. Gold-Bikin
Lynne Z. Gold-Bikin of Weber Gallagher Simpson Stapleton Fires & Newby has died at the age of 80. An ALI member since 1993, she was an outspoken authority in family law.
Ms. Gold-Bikin was a partner at Weber Gallagher, chair of the firm’s family law department, and an actively practicing lawyer until the end of her life. She is remembered as a zealous advocate with strong opinions and a trailblazer for women lawyers and family law.
Ms. Gold-Bikin started her career at Pechner, Dorfman, Wolffe, Rounick & Cabot in Philadelphia, after graduating from Villanova University School of Law in 1976. In 2015, she won the 2015 Lynette Norton award from the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Commission on Women in the Profession as well as The Legal Intelligencer’s 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award. The PBA’s family law section awarded her the Eric Turner Memorial Award in 2014.
She served as chair of the American Bar Association’s Family Law Section in the 1994-1995 year, and as a mentor in the ABA’s diversity program. She previously co-chaired the ABA’s Commission on Domestic Violence, and was a member of the ABA’s house of delegates and board of governors. She was also a longtime instructor at The National Family Law Trial Institute in Houston and a frequent contributor to The Legal.
Read the full obit from The Legal Intelligencer.
- Carol F. Lee, ALI Council member and @YaleLawSch alum, received ALI's Distinguished Service Award at this year’s An… https://t.co/zaujOzsFVV@AmLawInstJun 21
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?”– In this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennif… https://t.co/vZhmSudUsX@AmLawInstJun 20
- Watch @MWildeAnderson of @StanfordLaw discuss her scholarship on geographically concentrated poverty and the growin… https://t.co/llJCVNaAv4@AmLawInstJun 20
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19