Paul Friedman Delivers Flannery Lecture
On Nov. 6, Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia presented The Eleventh Annual Judge Thomas A. Flannery Lecture in Washington D.C., with additional remarks from Jessie K. Liu, U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia.
The lecture series began in 2009, and is named after Judge Thomas A. Flannery, who served on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia from 1971 to 1985. He assumed senior status and continued serving in that capacity until his death in 2007. Previous lecturers have included U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and former U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein.
- Paul L. Friedman @DC_Courts will receive the Edwin F. Jaeckle Award, given to an individual who exemplifies the hig… https://t.co/3NwZqqNf90@AmLawInstJan 14
- Brian T. Fitzpatrick @vanderbiltlaw is a 2022 recipient of the Civil Justice Scholarship Award from the Pound Civil… https://t.co/wDeXj45mU9@AmLawInstJan 12
- Restatement of the Law Fourth, The Foreign Relations Law of the United States — Treaties, Jurisdiction, and Soverei… https://t.co/JkGQYnojWr@AmLawInstJan 11
- Deborah Tuerkheimer @NorthwesternLaw has authored ‘Credible, Why We Doubt Accusers and Protect Abusers,’ examining… https://t.co/uI3rhHM3w3@AmLawInstJan 11
- In Tax and Time, On the Use and Misuse of Legal Imagination, Anthony C. Infanti @PittLaw of Law explores how tax la… https://t.co/AmG0dFqbQT@AmLawInstJan 10