Professor Gerhard Casper Named President of American Academy in Berlin
ALI Emeritus Council member Gerhard Casper, President Emeritus of Stanford University, has been appointed as President of the American Academy in Berlin, effective July 2015. He will be the first President-in-Residence in the Academy’s history.
Elected to the ALI in 1977 and holding various leadership positions, Professor Casper served on the Council for 30 years before taking emeritus status. As Chair of the Nominating Committee, he led the efforts to identify qualified candidates for the ALI’s Council, volunteer officers, and Executive and Audit Committees. Professor Casper is the recipient of the ALI’s 2014 Distinguished Service Award and serves as an Adviser on the Principles of the Law of Charitable Nonprofit Organizations project.
In his role as President of the Academy, he will combine the duties of Executive Director and President, titles formerly held by two separate individuals.
- Reporters @barryfriedman1 and @brandonlgarrett continue to receive comment on Policing Principles - now from… https://t.co/jtZFzsh3Eb@AmLawInstMay 20
- Frank Sullivan @IUMcKinney provides comment on the justification for encounters Section of Policing principles.… https://t.co/F2O731oJoe@AmLawInstMay 20
- The first project on today’s agenda is Principles of the Law, Policing with Reporter Barry Friedman and Associate R… https://t.co/nYlEXtb8yd@AmLawInstMay 20
- Our Annual Meeting is underway. Check out this year's #AM96 agenda on our website https://t.co/0XmZ7mYxHhhttps://t.co/tJevncWZXz@AmLawInstMay 20
- Thank you to our panelists for today’s program on Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Government Lawyers. If you couldn’t… https://t.co/LFy8E5ZG6B@AmLawInstMay 19