Professor Gerhard Casper Named President of American Academy in Berlin
ALI Emeritus Council member Gerhard Casper, President Emeritus of Stanford University, has been appointed as President of the American Academy in Berlin, effective July 2015. He will be the first President-in-Residence in the Academy’s history.
Elected to the ALI in 1977 and holding various leadership positions, Professor Casper served on the Council for 30 years before taking emeritus status. As Chair of the Nominating Committee, he led the efforts to identify qualified candidates for the ALI’s Council, volunteer officers, and Executive and Audit Committees. Professor Casper is the recipient of the ALI’s 2014 Distinguished Service Award and serves as an Adviser on the Principles of the Law of Charitable Nonprofit Organizations project.
In his role as President of the Academy, he will combine the duties of Executive Director and President, titles formerly held by two separate individuals.
- American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking passes the mic to Indian Law experts Matth… https://t.co/FrtcTtX4j1@AmLawInstMar 19
- Tomorrow’s new episode of #ReasonablySpeaking will address the nuanced and highly complex field of American Indian… https://t.co/w9iOSvt1I4@AmLawInstMar 18
- How do Principles of the Law differ from Restatements of the Law? Learn the answer to this and other common questio… https://t.co/8OF8H3eCkT@AmLawInstMar 18
- Now Available: Principles of the Law, Election Administration. @Nedfoleyhttps://t.co/CYjH8moQMchttps://t.co/5I4dqRPSJE@AmLawInstMar 16
- On this day in 1892, NY unveiled its automatic ballot booth (voting machine). Since then, much has changed in the w… https://t.co/8RjzPm4Mj0@AmLawInstMar 15