Professor Gerhard Casper Named President of American Academy in Berlin
ALI Emeritus Council member Gerhard Casper, President Emeritus of Stanford University, has been appointed as President of the American Academy in Berlin, effective July 2015. He will be the first President-in-Residence in the Academy’s history.
Elected to the ALI in 1977 and holding various leadership positions, Professor Casper served on the Council for 30 years before taking emeritus status. As Chair of the Nominating Committee, he led the efforts to identify qualified candidates for the ALI’s Council, volunteer officers, and Executive and Audit Committees. Professor Casper is the recipient of the ALI’s 2014 Distinguished Service Award and serves as an Adviser on the Principles of the Law of Charitable Nonprofit Organizations project.
In his role as President of the Academy, he will combine the duties of Executive Director and President, titles formerly held by two separate individuals.
- This Tues., March 2, @lawfareblog and @BrookingsInst are hosting a webinar to discuss the new report, “If It’s Brok… https://t.co/3iyD2yL93N@AmLawInstFeb 27
- President Biden has nominated ALI Council member Anton G. Hajjar to serve on the governing board of the United Stat… https://t.co/HPMFeWigpa@AmLawInstFeb 26
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23