Professor Gerhard Casper Named President of American Academy in Berlin
ALI Emeritus Council member Gerhard Casper, President Emeritus of Stanford University, has been appointed as President of the American Academy in Berlin, effective July 2015. He will be the first President-in-Residence in the Academy’s history.
Elected to the ALI in 1977 and holding various leadership positions, Professor Casper served on the Council for 30 years before taking emeritus status. As Chair of the Nominating Committee, he led the efforts to identify qualified candidates for the ALI’s Council, volunteer officers, and Executive and Audit Committees. Professor Casper is the recipient of the ALI’s 2014 Distinguished Service Award and serves as an Adviser on the Principles of the Law of Charitable Nonprofit Organizations project.
In his role as President of the Academy, he will combine the duties of Executive Director and President, titles formerly held by two separate individuals.
- From @ALI_CLE “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis.” Featuring Elizabeth Scott,… https://t.co/nfpeJTc4pX@AmLawInstNov 25
- Professor @ailahoss of @TULaw addresses the gap in literature related to Indian law in Indiana her article “Indian… https://t.co/dcHTFHX5X8@AmLawInstNov 25
- Available now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today." John Beisner of @SkaddenArps,… https://t.co/dfXrOmVmGr@AmLawInstNov 24
- Coming Soon to #ReasonablySpeaking, “MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today.” This episode will cover the nuances of… https://t.co/qWZldhLeDU@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI member @RobinCFeldman of @UCHastingsLaw has been honored with the 2020 Leon I. Goldberg Memorial Lecture Award… https://t.co/wgp8JYYe7o@AmLawInstNov 23