UCI Law Hosts 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
ALI members participated in the 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review, hosted by UC Irvine School of Law. The event has grown in popularity every year, drawing hundreds of people interested in a discussion on key cases decided during the Concluding Supreme Court term.
This stimulating program comprises comments and discussion from an all-star panel of Supreme Court practitioners, journalists, and scholars. Key topics addressed during the 2017 term involved President Donald Trump’s travel ban, criminal searches, the rights of labor unions, free speech, and religious liberty.
Panelists at this year’s event included Dean Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Berkeley School of Law, Jesse H. Choper of UC Berkeley School of Law, Goodwin Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Erin E. Murphy of Kirkland & Ellis, Alexandra Natapoff of UC Irvine School of Law, NPR Legal Affairs Correspondent Nina Totenberg and Leah Litman of UC Irvine School of Law. The discussion was moderated by Richard L. Hasen of UC Irvine School of Law.
In addition to examining the full scope of what the court accomplished this past term, the panelists explored what these decisions will mean for the United States moving forward.
Listen and watch the full event here.
- Read more on the press release issued today by the U.S. Department of Education on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/SKFoHyZwNe@AmLawInstNov 16
- Day 2 of the Student Sexual Misconduct Principles meeting with Reporter Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Associate Re… https://t.co/7D7svcf1h6@AmLawInstNov 16
- No #snowday for our project participants at today’s Student Sexual Misconduct Meeting. Moving along Day 1 of this 2… https://t.co/bTLvHKk1bD@AmLawInstNov 15
- #TBT to last week’s Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws meeting. Joining the discussion were several Reporters /Cha… https://t.co/ahact5w1kB@AmLawInstNov 15
- CU Boulder American Indian Law Clinic Wants North Dakota's Reservation voters to be heard. Read more on The ALI Adv… https://t.co/qKflf6cAHm@AmLawInstNov 15