UCI Law Hosts 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
ALI members participated in the 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review, hosted by UC Irvine School of Law. The event has grown in popularity every year, drawing hundreds of people interested in a discussion on key cases decided during the Concluding Supreme Court term.
This stimulating program comprises comments and discussion from an all-star panel of Supreme Court practitioners, journalists, and scholars. Key topics addressed during the 2017 term involved President Donald Trump’s travel ban, criminal searches, the rights of labor unions, free speech, and religious liberty.
Panelists at this year’s event included Dean Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Berkeley School of Law, Jesse H. Choper of UC Berkeley School of Law, Goodwin Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Erin E. Murphy of Kirkland & Ellis, Alexandra Natapoff of UC Irvine School of Law, NPR Legal Affairs Correspondent Nina Totenberg and Leah Litman of UC Irvine School of Law. The discussion was moderated by Richard L. Hasen of UC Irvine School of Law.
In addition to examining the full scope of what the court accomplished this past term, the panelists explored what these decisions will mean for the United States moving forward.
Listen and watch the full event here.
- Charitable Nonprofits project is in session. Project participants discuss solicitation, restrictions on charitable… https://t.co/BxZCnnarZu@AmLawInstSep 21
- Watch “ALI’s Drafting Process Educating the Next Generation of Lawyers” @jill_horwitz@UCLA_Lawhttps://t.co/Qn3udmOcQp@AmLawInstSep 20
- A quote from our 1st Director, William Draper Lewis: “The preparation of an adequate Restatement of any Subject is… https://t.co/yhc5syWNMO@AmLawInstSep 20
- Read "Decarceration Strategies: How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions" on The ALI Adviser https://t.co/J0x0h6jiXt@AmLawInstSep 20
- As we continue our project meetings this fall we want to share some information about the important work that takes… https://t.co/7faFKELh4T@AmLawInstSep 19