UCI Law Hosts 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
ALI members participated in the 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review, hosted by UC Irvine School of Law. The event has grown in popularity every year, drawing hundreds of people interested in a discussion on key cases decided during the Concluding Supreme Court term.
This stimulating program comprises comments and discussion from an all-star panel of Supreme Court practitioners, journalists, and scholars. Key topics addressed during the 2017 term involved President Donald Trump’s travel ban, criminal searches, the rights of labor unions, free speech, and religious liberty.
Panelists at this year’s event included Dean Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Berkeley School of Law, Jesse H. Choper of UC Berkeley School of Law, Goodwin Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Erin E. Murphy of Kirkland & Ellis, Alexandra Natapoff of UC Irvine School of Law, NPR Legal Affairs Correspondent Nina Totenberg and Leah Litman of UC Irvine School of Law. The discussion was moderated by Richard L. Hasen of UC Irvine School of Law.
In addition to examining the full scope of what the court accomplished this past term, the panelists explored what these decisions will mean for the United States moving forward.
Listen and watch the full event here.
- In an effort to provide election administration officials with information regarding the implementation of proper p… https://t.co/ZHPVw1TvTv@AmLawInstMar 30
- ALI member Melinda Davis Lux joins @ucbi as its executive vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary.… https://t.co/lGymw03pni@AmLawInstMar 30
- The Spring edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/qoMRcPTbC4https://t.co/mloYyejK92@AmLawInstMar 27
- On the 'Judgment Calls' podcast listen to @BolchJudicial Institute Director and ALI President David F. Levi in conv… https://t.co/Blx8I1h9fi@AmLawInstMar 27
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/z0g0HwvRL2@AmLawInstMar 26