UCI Law Hosts 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
ALI members participated in the 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review, hosted by UC Irvine School of Law. The event has grown in popularity every year, drawing hundreds of people interested in a discussion on key cases decided during the Concluding Supreme Court term.
This stimulating program comprises comments and discussion from an all-star panel of Supreme Court practitioners, journalists, and scholars. Key topics addressed during the 2017 term involved President Donald Trump’s travel ban, criminal searches, the rights of labor unions, free speech, and religious liberty.
Panelists at this year’s event included Dean Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Berkeley School of Law, Jesse H. Choper of UC Berkeley School of Law, Goodwin Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Erin E. Murphy of Kirkland & Ellis, Alexandra Natapoff of UC Irvine School of Law, NPR Legal Affairs Correspondent Nina Totenberg and Leah Litman of UC Irvine School of Law. The discussion was moderated by Richard L. Hasen of UC Irvine School of Law.
In addition to examining the full scope of what the court accomplished this past term, the panelists explored what these decisions will mean for the United States moving forward.
Listen and watch the full event here.
- Suzanne Goldberg of @ColumbiaLaw and Gil Sparks of @MorrisNichols discuss what schools are doing to implement fair… https://t.co/zW3E7aYiXE@AmLawInstJun 26
- #SCOTUS cites Model Penal Code §§ 2.02 and 2.04 in a case involving the unlawful possession of a firearm. Read mo… https://t.co/Gr7VoMNfHs@AmLawInstJun 26
- Ken Simons @UCILaw and Erin Murphy @nyulaw unpack the complex issues of consent in tort and criminal law, includi… https://t.co/39EmqtI930@AmLawInstJun 26
- The #ALI96 Annual Meeting featured the @ALI_CLE Ethics program “Duty to Whom? Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Governm… https://t.co/NZEiDRSoZ2@AmLawInstJun 25
- ALI was profiled by @VisionariesInc, a documentary series that highlights the stories of nonprofits around the worl… https://t.co/jlgwzEPC3E@AmLawInstJun 24