UCI Law Hosts 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
ALI members participated in the 8th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review, hosted by UC Irvine School of Law. The event has grown in popularity every year, drawing hundreds of people interested in a discussion on key cases decided during the Concluding Supreme Court term.
This stimulating program comprises comments and discussion from an all-star panel of Supreme Court practitioners, journalists, and scholars. Key topics addressed during the 2017 term involved President Donald Trump’s travel ban, criminal searches, the rights of labor unions, free speech, and religious liberty.
Panelists at this year’s event included Dean Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Berkeley School of Law, Jesse H. Choper of UC Berkeley School of Law, Goodwin Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Erin E. Murphy of Kirkland & Ellis, Alexandra Natapoff of UC Irvine School of Law, NPR Legal Affairs Correspondent Nina Totenberg and Leah Litman of UC Irvine School of Law. The discussion was moderated by Richard L. Hasen of UC Irvine School of Law.
In addition to examining the full scope of what the court accomplished this past term, the panelists explored what these decisions will mean for the United States moving forward.
Listen and watch the full event here.
- ALI member Mark Killenbeck of @UARKLaw recently delivered a talk entitled “Church and State,” where he outlined the… https://t.co/HcmCqqt4Bh@AmLawInstSep 18
- Tomorrow’s Restatement project meeting on the Law of American Indians will take place at @nyulaw. Topics up for dis… https://t.co/z5052rEoN2@AmLawInstSep 18
- . @RosenJeffrey of @ConstitutionCtr introduces Justice Neil Gorsuch to discuss “A Republic, If You Can Keep It”… https://t.co/WmTx3wKtgW@AmLawInstSep 17
- Project season is in full swing at the Institute. Last week's project meetings involved discussions on two Principl… https://t.co/XWkurbgVnw@AmLawInstSep 17
- Today, the U.S. Constitution is 232 years old. #ConstitutionDay commemorates the formation & signing of the U.S. Co… https://t.co/ZdGnbxFD6O@AmLawInstSep 17