“The Practicing Stoic: A Philosophical User’s Manual” by Ward Farnsworth
University of Texas School of Law dean Ward Farnsworth has published a new book which combines his own observations and knowledge with a long running list of quotations from the masters of Stoicism, Epictetus, Seneca, Marcus Aurelius, Montaigne, and others.
The Practicing Stoic: A Philosophical User’s Manual, published by David R. Godine, Inc., is a book that provides insight, inspiration, and direction by combining ancient wisdom with modern context. That, supplemented with Dean Farnsworth’s own insightful commentary, makes the complex wisdom of these ancient philosophers accessible to everyone.
About his latest work Dean Farnsworth writes, “When anyone today says something really wise, the Stoics usually said it first.”
Read the full article and purchase the book here.
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18